Juicing to improve your eye health is as simple as adding certain fruits and vegetables into a blender, mixing them up, and adding some ice. Not only do juices provide you with a wealth of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, but they also help to hydrate you, leaving you feeling fresher and wide awake. But did you also know that juicing is one of the best ways to naturally improve your eyesight? Keep reading to find out more.
The Vitamins Your Body Needs for Good Eye Health
In order to keep your eyes healthy, your body needs a variety of vitamins and nutrients. These include:
- Vitamin A – A Vitamin A deficiency can cause sight problems, including night blindness, and increase your risk of cataracts and macular degeneration. It is regularly found in leafy greens, broccoli, squash, carrots, tomatoes, kale, spinach, sweet potatoes, apricots and watermelons.
- Vitamin C – Mainly known for its ability to boost the immune system, Vitamin C can also help to lower your stress levels. Fruits and vegetables with high levels of Vitamin C include strawberries, grapefruits, oranges, kiwi fruits, guavas, tomatoes, and bell peppers.
- Vitamin E – Working as an antioxidant, Vitamin E also helps the body to produce red blood cells. It’s often found in oil rich foods such as nuts, however you will also find it in avocados and spinach.
- Lycopene – Lycopene is a pigment that is known to reduce the risk of macular degeneration, and prevent cancer. It is regularly found in tomatoes, blood oranges, apricots, watermelons, and pink grapefruit.
- Zeaxanthin and Lutein – Both of these are powerful antioxidants that can reduce your risk of contracting common eye problems, including macular degeneration. Good sources of zeaxanthin and lutein include kale, kiwi fruits, beetroot, and orange bell peppers.
The Vision Saver Juice Recipe
- 1 beet with greens
- 2 oranges
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 2 stalks of celery
Simply wash and peel the items, and place them into a blender. Blend until smooth, and pour into a glass with ice. You can also add a dash of coconut oil or raw honey to make the juice slightly sweeter if required.
The fruits and vegetables in the Vision Saver Juice recipe contain all of the vitamins and nutrients that you need to keep your eyes healthy, however your options really are limitless. Choose a mixture of your favourite fruits and vegetables, and enjoy a juice drink once per day. By choosing a fruit or vegetable from each of the nutrient groups, you can ensure you are getting enough vitamins and nutrients to keep your eyes in top shape.
With over 3 million Americans predicted to be affected by age-related macular degeneration (the biggest cause of blindness) by 2020, there is no better time to start incorporating juicing into your diet. Don’t become a statistic, start juicing instead.
Do You Want To Make More Of Your Own Natural Health & Beauty Products?
The Everyday Roots downloadable book includes recipes for 215 home remedies, natural beauty products and DIY household products.
- 105+ Home Remedies – Treat almost any illness with potent natural ingredients you probably have lurking in your kitchen already.
- 75+ Natural Beauty Remedies – Look younger and better than ever and experience the best hair and skin of your life with non toxic natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DIY Household Cleaners – These work better than store bought but WITHOUT the toxic, health harming ingredients. (Plus they are much cheaper!)